Online Diagnostic Billing:
billing software programmed with the diagnostic and billing codes most
frequently used, offer the following benefits:
- Reduced Coding Errors: The most common reason that claims are denied is that the billing
submitted does not have the correct diagnostic code or encounter code.
Medical billing software significantly decreases the number of billing
errors that lead to denied or delayed claims.
- Ability to Track Collections: Medical billing software helps track where claims are in the
billing pipeline. Medical billing software can also assist managing the
accounts of self-pay patients.
- Secure and HIPAA Compliant Records: Medical billing software has enhanced security
features to ensure the privacy of Protected Health Information (PHI).
Often paper records can inadvertently become misplaced and thrown in the
trash, which is a violation of HIPAA laws.
- Integration with EHR and Practice Management Software: When medical billing software is integrated
with EHR and practice management applications, many the administrative
function of managing a podiatry practice are eliminated or greatly reduced
in scope. This saves on overhead costs.
billing software offers significant time and money savings for the users when
compared to manual billing procedures.
- Medical billing software can free the users and their staff from
burdensome manual billing tasks so they can focus on their patients.
- The coding features in medical billing software for the users, decrease
billing errors that can cause delays in reimbursement. This means
significant improvement in cash flow.
- When medical billing software is integrated with EHR and practice
management software, many of the administrative tasks of the practice can
be automated, which save the practice a significant amount of money on